Campus Recycling Program
Updated Recycling Guidelines (.pdf)
More Recycling Bins
You may have noticed an increase in the number of BLUE recycling containers in the Academic and Administrative buildings. You might have also noticed the new recycling containers around campus on the grounds. All these containers have a recycling logo and a blue lid.
Additional blue recycling bins have also been placed in the common and/or recreation areas of the buildings. There amount and accesibility of these containers to students have also been increased in all the residence halls.
Watch a video from Waste Management for an explanation on Single Stream Recycling, how the recycling material is handled, and what happens once it leave the College.
- Read the list of materials that are acceptable in our recycling program. Please understand that ALL recycling materials may be placed in any of recycling containers on campus.
- Read the list of electronics that are acceptable to deposit in the brown box in the Wired Scot.
- Locate the exterior recycling containers on the campus map (.pdf) (includes Waste Management recycling dumpsters and campus containers).
- Read the list of compostable materials (.pdf) that are acceptable to deposit outside of Lowry’s main entrance and behind Mom’s Truck Stop.
- Read answers to frequently asked questions on campus recycling
- Enjoy this video featuring "Captain Recycle" created by the Recycling Awareness group for Environmental Studies 200 course during Spring 2010.
Have other questions regarding recycling? Please email us.
Thank you for your efforts.