Academic Advising Goals
- enhance the educational experience of students,
- help students improve their academic performance, and
- provide support that encourages informed and intentional decision making
Learn more about advising at Wooster!
The Advising Center in APEX
The advising staff can help you:
- Intentionally think about your interests and goals
- Use the educational planning portfolio
- Design a 4-year Educational Plan (docx) to map out your four years at Wooster
- Map out possible course schedules (xlsx)
- Review how you spend your time (xlsx) to help you plan for more effective study time
- Make connections between your aspirations and the College's Mission, Core Values, and Graduate Qualities.
Make and appointment with advising staff by emailing Karen with your available times.
- Attend Wooster 101 sessions to gain new skills
- Contact Karen for a peer mentor
- Make an appointment with someone in the Writing Center or Math Center
- Contact the Learning Center for a peer tutor in a specific course
Time Management Resources
- Use the 24 hour weekly planner (xlsx) to help organize your classes, work, homework and extra-curriculars
- Use the semester-at-a-glance (docx) worksheet to help organize your big assignments and events
- Use the Weekly Planning Sheet (xlsx) to map out your class schedule
- Use the Educational Planning Guide (docx) to map out your four years at Wooster