Alumni Contact Guidelines
Questions about the Person's Position and Career
- How did you become interested in your field?
- What are your major responsibilities?
- What do you like and dislike about your work?
- Do you work independently or with other people?
- Does your work allow you to have the amount and type of leisure time you desire?
- What is a typical work day like for you?
Questions About the Occupational Field
- What are the entry-level positions in your field? Salary range?
- What background (education, training, experience) is required?
- What related jobs are available in your field?
- What is the occupational outlook for your field?
- Is there more than one way to prepare for this occupation?
- Can you suggest the names of other people with whom I could speak?
Questions About the Organization
- How would you describe the organizational structure?
- How would you describe the working environment?
- What are the major pros and cons in working with this particular organization?