Idea/Business Model Competition
All students are invited to compete in the Wooster Business Idea/Model Competition. Please complete the entry forms (.pdf) to compete.
Event Date: October 18 at 6:00 p.m.
Deadline to Submit: October 4.
New Business Concept – Any type of new business that sells either a product or service.
Student Business Concept – A business that a student could start on campus while still enrolled in college. It does not necessarily have to be a business for other students, it merely needs to be one you can create while you are still a student.
Social Entrepreneurship Concept – A business that will generate profit that will be used to address a social or civic issue.
See the business model tri-fold (.pdf).
- Submit an application by October 4 to the Director of Entrepreneurship in APEX 35.
- Selected applicants attend preparation training the following week to prepare a 5-minute presentation. You can either meet with Launch, the student entrepreneurship club, on Oct. 10 at 6:30 p.m. in the Tartan Room, or with the Director of Entrepreneurship in APEX 35 on Oct. 10 or 11.
- All presentations must be in the form of a business model.
- Create a power point presentation that shows your business model.
- Remember – you only have 5-minutes and time will be strict.
- Present your concept before a live audience and panel of judges on October 18 at 6:00 p.m.
- Presentations will be in the Governance room on the ground floor of the Scott Center. Plan to arrive by 5:45 p.m.
- A panel of judges will pick two winners from each category.
- First place in each category wins $1,000
- Runner-up in each category wins $750
- All winners are obligated to begin implementing their idea with the help of the Center for Entrepreneurship and Launch.
Funding for the Business Idea/Model Competition is provided through a generous grant from the Burton D. Morgan Foundation.