ERecruiting - Twenty-eight colleges share this database that provides an extensive listing of internships specifically designed for liberal arts students. Students may use filters such as “Foundations & Think Tanks, International NGO’s, Federal Government, and Law” when sorting by industry. Listings are continually updated.
Employment Guide - place to post your resume as well as to search for available job offerings.
Employment Spot - place to search for jobs in numerous fields as well as a place to post your resume.
GradSchools.com - The most comprehensive on-line sources for graduate school listings. Degree sought is the most useful filter.
Monster.com - web page that provides both to post your resume as well as to look for jobs in different fields, at home or abroad.
National Employment Bulletin - Listed under their Current Jobs series, this site provides actual postings of jobs appropriate for entry-level positions. Of specific interest would be the “Liberal Arts” and “International” areas. (Username: collwooster, Password: cs44691)
Overseas Jobs Express - source of employment information and resources for international job-hunters. The web page providing with information for jobs overseas. Some job postings are in foreign languages!!
Spotlight on Careers - A collection of career-specific web guides developed for the liberal arts student. The topics that best fit Political Science and International Relations majors are: “Federal Government, Museums, Public Policy, and Social Science Research.” Links to jobs and internships as well as tips and strategies on job hunting are included within each site. Access to this site is limited to students in participating colleges only.
US Job Offers - employment services for both American and international residents with information regarding proper employment paperwork requrirements.
- Debevoise and Plimpton - international law firm with offices in the US and Europe. Offers advice in investment opportunities in the US and abroad
- Gibson Dunn & Crutcher LLP - site features a directory of GD&C attorneys and descriptions of the firm and its areas of practice.
- Patton Boggs LLP - a firm that is a leader in merging public policy expertise with traditional legal practice.
- Wooster’s Pre-law Page - If you are interested in attending Law School, don’t miss this site. You will gain access to pre-law advisors and programs for the academic year as well as guidance on how to prepare academically.
Translation, Interpretation, and Terminology
- BerlitzIt - person-to-person translation service offering access to a global network of translators.
- Rennert Bilingual Translations- Rennert Bilingual Translation Group provides strategic and innovative multilingual communication solutions to the world's most prominent companies.
- American Enterprise Institute (AEI) - is a private, nonpartisan research institution dedicated to the improvement of government policy and public policy debate. AEI job link's purpose is to inform people of available opportunities within the institute.
- America-Mideast Educational and Training Services, Inc. (AMIDEAST) is a private, nonprofit organization working to strengthen mutual understanding and cooperation between Americans and the people of the Middle East and North Africa. AMIDEAST seeks to recruit entry level and seasoned professionals who have college degrees and express an interest in international education and exchange in the Middle East and North Africa. French or Arabic skills are a plus, but are not generally required.
- Amnesty International - Amnesty International is a worldwide campaigning movement that works to promote all the human rights enshrined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and other international standards. It is impartial and independent of any government, political persuasion or religious creed.
- Arms Control Association - nonpartisan membership organization dedicated to promoting public understanding of and support for effective arms control policies.
- Brookings Institution - private non-profit organization that seeks to improve the performance of American institutions, effectiveness of government programs, and the quality of U.S. public policy.
- Center for Defense Information - independent research organization of retired military officers and experienced civilians analyzing military spending, policies, and weapons systems.
- Church World Service - Protestant, Anglican, and Orthodox communions in the U.S. cooperating worldwide in programs of long-term development, emergency response, and assistance to refugees.
- Citizens Democracy Corps - nonprofit organization dedicated to building democratic societies and free-market economies in Russia, Ukraine, and Central Europe.
- Council on International Educational Exchange - study or work abroad, international volunteer programs, international student and teacher ID cards, discount educational travel, and more.
- Council on Foreign Relations- think tank dedicated to improving the understanding of American Foreign Policy and international affairs.
- East-West Center - national education and research institution, and a major resource of knowledge and information about Asia and the Pacific.
- Foreign Policy Association (FPA) - is a national, nonprofit, nonpartisan, nongovernmental, educational organization founded in 1918 to educate Americans about the significant international issues that influence their lives. FPA provides impartial publications, programs and forums to increase public awareness of, and foster popular participation in, matters relating to those policy issues.
- Freedom House - non-profit, non-partisan organization dedicated to promoting democracy around the world.
- Heritage Foundation - conservative policy think tank. The group also publishes Policy Review magazine.
- Human Rights Watch - nonprofit, nongovernmental organization dedicated to the protection of human rights worldwide; investigates and exposes human rights violations and holds abusers accountable.
- International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF) - links national autonomous Family Planning Associations (FPAs) in over 180 countries and it is the largest voluntary organization in the world to be concerned with family planning and sexual and reproductive health.
- Institute for International Economics - nonprofit think-tank devoted to international trade and finance.
- MAP International - nonprofit Christian relief and development organization, promoting the total health of people living in the world's poorest communities.
- National Council on US-Arab Relations - non-profit organization dedicated to improving American knowledge and understanding of the Arab world.
- PLAN International - child-focused, non-political, and non-profit development organization, aiding deprived children in undeveloped countries.
- U.S. Committee for Refugees - nonprofit organization that defends the rights of refugees, asylum seekers, and displaced persons worldwide.
- Worldwatch Institute - Worldwatch is a non profit public policy research organization dedicated to informing policymakers and the public about emerging global problems and trends and the complex links between the world economy and its environmental support systems.
Federal and State Government
- Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) - provides the President and his senior advisors with accurate, comprehensive, and timely foreign intelligence relating to national security. Conducts counterintelligence activities and other operations relating to foreign intelligence.
- Congressional Information Service, Inc. (CIS) - an international publisher of reference, research, and current awareness information products and services in electronic, print and microfiche mediums.
- International Trade Administration (ITA) - US Department of Commerce department on foreign activity.
- National Telecommunications & Information Administration (NTIA) - works to spur innovation, encourage competition, help create jobs and provide consumers with more choices and better quality telecommunications products and services at lower prices.
- US Department of Defense (DoD) - site provides an extensive page to civilian job opportunities in many fields related to defense and security issues.
- United States Department of Justice (DoJ) - People seeking employment with the Department will find helpful information posted in this segment of the Web site.
- The Immigration and Naturalization Service - The Immigration and Naturalization Service is a Federal agency within the DoJ that administers the nation's immigration laws.
- USA Jobs- U.S. Government's official site for jobs and employment information provided by the United States Office of Personnel Management.
- US Department of State - the lead U.S. foreign affairs agency, that advances U.S. objectives and interests in shaping a freer, more secure, and more prosperous world through its primary role in developing and implementing the President's foreign policy.
- US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) - EPA provides leadership in the nation's environmental science, research, education and assessment efforts. EPA works closely with other federal agencies, state and local governments, and Indian tribes to develop and enforce regulations under existing environmental laws.
- The Federal Reserve - the central bank of the United States-some of the career opportunities at the Federal Reserve are as young professionals in economics, finance, law, computer science, and other fields. It has full-time positions, generally two years in duration, for research assistants and offers summer internships and cooperative education opportunities.
- U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) - an independent government agency that conducts foreign assistance and humanitarian aid to advance the political and economic interests of the United States.
- Overseas Private Investment Corporation - encourages American private business investment in developing countries, newly emerging democracies and free market economies.
- Peace Corps extensive overview over the employment opportunities with the Peace Corps
- United States Institute of Peace - an independent, nonpartisan federal institution created and funded by Congress to strengthen the nation's capacity to promote the peaceful resolution of international conflict.
- U.S. International Trade Commission- the U.S. International Trade Commission is an independent, nonpartisan, quasi-judicial federal agency that provides trade expertise to both the legislative and executive branches of government, determines the impact of imports on U.S. industries, and directs actions against certain unfair trade practices, such as patent, trademark, and copyright infringement.
- WooLinks to Government Positions Links to Federal and State jobs as well as guidance about the employment process.
- Food and Agriculture Organization - working to alleviate poverty and hunger by promoting agricultural development, improved nutrition, and the pursuit of food security.
- International Labour Organization - UN agency promoting decent work and social safety nets by setting and supervising international labor standards in the form of conventions and recommendations.
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) - promotes exchange stability and orderly exchange arrangements among member countries.
- United Nations (UN) - current vacancies in New York Headquarters as well as other vacancies within the UN system.
- United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) - In these pages, you will find information on current vacancies, the UNICEF Internship Programme, the Junior Professional Officer (JPO) Programme and volunteer
- United Nations Women - promotes women's empowerment and gender equality.
- United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) - provides an integrative and interactive mechanism through which a large number of separate efforts by intergovernmental, non-governmental, national and regional bodies in the service of the environment are reinforced and interrelated.
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) - organizational priority is poverty eradication through sustainable human development.
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) - provides a world view of the plight of refugees. http://www.unhcr.ch/cgi-bin/texis/vtx/home. How to access-on the main page click to quick find on the middle left side of the screen, from there go to careers.
- United Nations Industrial Development Organisation (UNIDO) - organizes Intechmart programs to promote inward and outward flow of investment and technology. To access- go to the bottom of the page and click on jobs.
- United Nations Institute for Training and Research - an autonomous UN organization that sponsors training and research programs to improve the effectiveness of the UN in maintaining peace and security and promoting economic and social development.
- World Health Organization - specialized UN agency that seeks to improve public health throughout the world. To find specific job offerings use the upper left box where it says ³employment²-categorized!