Students are strongly encouraged to take Philosophy 100: Ethics, Justice, and Society as a first course in philosophy.
Each of the following must be taken to fulfil the Philosophy major requirements.
- PHIL 220: Logic and Philosophy
- PHIL 250: Ancient Philosophy: Plato and Aristotle
- PHIL 251: Rationalism and Empiricism
- PHIL 311: Ethical Theory
- PHIL 401: Junior Independent Study
- PHIL 451: Senior Independent Study
- PHIL 452: Senior Independent Study
- Two additional philosophy electives
One of the following 300-level courses
- PHIL 301: Ontological Commitments
- PHIL 302: Epistemology: Rationality and Objectivity
- PHIL 303: Understanding Language
- PHIL 304: Philosophy of Mind and Cognitive Science
Majors and minors are not permitted to take any courses within the department for S/NC credit.