Indexes and Databases: Education Research
*Available to Ohio K-12 schools as an INFOhio database.
- America: History and Life (EBSCOhost) more info
- Art Abstracts (OhioLINK) (1929-present) more info
Formerly in print as Art Index (1929-1996) WOO Reference NX1 .A1 A76
- Biography Index (1946-1994) WOO Reference CT100 .B55
- Education Abstracts (OhioLINK)
- Education Full Text (EBSCO)
- Education Research Complete (EBSCOhost) (1880-present) more info
Formerly in print as Education Index (1929-1977) WOO Reference L11 .E23
- *ERIC (OhioLINK) (1966-present) more info
Formerly in print as CIJE--Current Index to Journals in Education (1971-2001) and RIE-Resources in Education (1975-2001)
- *Humanities International Complete (EBSCOhost) more info
Formerly in print as Humanities Index (1974-1984) WOO Reference AI3 .R494
- Library Literature (1921-1983) WOO Reference Z666 .S211
- Mental Measurements Yearbook (1985-present) more info
Also available in print as Mental Measurements Yearbook (1938-present) WOO Reference BF176 .M47
- *Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection (EBSCOhost) (early 1970s-present) more info
- PsycINFO (OhioLINK) (1967-present) more info
- Sociological Abstracts (1963-2005) more info
- *Sociological Collection (EBSCOhost) (1970-present) more info
- Tests in Print (1961-present) WOO Reference BF176 .T44
Indexes and Databases: Ohio K-12 Schools (INFOhio)
Indexes and Databases: Reviews
- Book Review Digest (1905-1982) WOO Reference Z1219 .C96
- Book Review Index (1965-present) WOO Reference Z1035 .A1 B6
- Library Literature (1984-present) more info
Formerly in print Library Literature (1921-1983) WOO Reference Z666 .S211
- New York Times Film Reviews (1980-present)
Browse or search 10,000 New York Times movie reviews. Included in the free review archive are all films reviewed since 1980, reviews of all Best Picture Academy Award winners, as well as The New York Times guide to Best 1,000 Movies Ever Made. Formerly in print as New York Times Film Reviews (1913-1980, 1983-2000) WOO Reference PN1995 .N42
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
- Education Resource Organizations Directory
- Educational Associations and Organizations
- International Reading Association
- Modern Language Association
- National Association for the Education of Young Children
- National Council for the Social Studies
- National Council of Teachers of English
- National Educational Association
- National Middle School Association
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- National Science Teachers Association
- Praxis (Educational Testing Service)
- Academe This Week (Chronicle of Higher Education)
includes updated news, events, and information on higher education as well as job searches.
- Blue Web'n
a Library of Blue Ribbon Learning Sites on the Web is a resource for K-16 classroom support.
- Children's Literature Web Guide
includes resources related to books for children and young adults and is compiled by a librarian. The site has links to discussion groups, award and best selling books, and ideas for teaching children's books.
- Columbia University Libraries' African Studies Internet Resources
includes bibliographic resources and research materials available on the global network, many of which may be used in the classroom.
- Education Index
is compiled by Hobsons, a college and career publisher. The site is "an annotated guide to the best education-related sites on the Web;" links are sorted by subject and lifestage (preschoolers through continuing education).
- Education Statistics
- Education World
- Educator's Reference Desk
General information on European schools concerning mostly overall regulations and requirements of students and staff.
- Fair Test
- The National Center for Fair and Open Testing
- GEM (Gateway to Education Materials)
- The Literacy Web
Launched in January 2002 at the University of Connecticut, The Literacy Web offers an extensive collection of online literacy-related materials covering a full range of topics from assesment to technology, along with curriculum link for preschoolers through adults, including ESL Online research materials, professional associations, and some commercial materials.
- National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
provides the organization and gathering of statistics of the U.S. education system.
The Education and Career Center
Teaching: Standards and Testing
- Developing Educational Standards
Two upstate New York school districts support this site that aggregates state and subject area standards.
- Ohio Department of Education: Standards-Based Education
- Lead & Manage My School: Standards, Assessment, & Accountability (U.S. Department of Education)
See links under Accountability, Assessment, and Standards
Elementary and Secondary Education
- The American Presidency
Site contains activities, time line, web links, and bibliography for students K-12 as well as lesson plans for teachers.
K-12 student resources
- Carol Hurst's Children's Literature Site
Variety of resources including reviews for children's books, curriculum topics, lesson plans, resources for teachers, and site newsletter.
- Columbia Education Center
Curriculum information, lesson plans, up-to-date links, grants, database of theories relevant to teaching and instruction, as well as other educational resources.
- Home Education Magazine
- Homeschool world
- Kathy Schrock's Guide for Educators
- Learning Page of the Library of Congress
- Lesson Plans Page
- Lesson Plans Library
- MarcoPolo: Internet content for the classroom
- New York Times learning network
is designed for use by K-12 classroom teachers and "provides access both to news articles related to the use of the Internet for classroom teaching and to Web-based curriculum materials tied to current events… [The site] provides links to a variety of Web-based lesson plans and to subject-specific collections of educational Web sites providing access to current news topics." (Choice review Dec. 2001)
- NSDL: National Science Digital Library
- SciEd: Science and Mathematics Education Resources
- Teachable Moment: Topical Activities for the K-12 Classroom
- Teachers Network.Org (TeachNet)
Diverse site with information on curriculums, lesson plans, grants, discussion, as well as a category for new teachers.
- America's best graduate schools (US News)
Site lists over 2000 grad schools searchable by program type, school name, ranking, etc.
- CollegeSource Online
This site provides a collection of college catalogs on the Web.
- College and University Rankings
- Deliberations on Teaching and Learning in Higher Education
- Directory of State Higher Education Agencies
- Global Campus
- Internet Resources for the Mathematics Student (Langara College)
- NEA: Higher Education Home Page
- OBR: 1997 Basic Data Series
- Peterson's Graduate Planner--Student Edition
- Real Power
An online magazine written and edited by College of Wooster faculty and students, Real Power is devoted to an examination of the use of technology in higher education. Peter Havholm, Professor of English, is the general editor.
- U.S. News Colleges and Careers Center
- Women in Higher Education
- The World Lecture Hall
- Yahoo! Higher Education
- Education Policy Analysis Archives
- International Montessori Society
- See Also: College of Wooster Education Department
- Education Statistics (College of Wooster Libraries, Government Information Dept.)
Elys Kettling Law
Reference and Instruction Librarian