Global Envoy Team
Global Envoy Team: a peer mentoring and outreach program of the OCS office
Global Envoys are off-campus study returnees who understand the educational mission and goals of the OCS office and of The College of Wooster, and who appreciate the benefits that off-campus study can bring to Wooster students. Global Envoys are dedicated to sharing their experiences with other students. A Global Envoy acts as an ambassador of off-campus study on campus, providing information and increasing the awareness of the OCS office and OCS in general.
- Advise. They facilitate OCS 101 Sessions in Babcock, one-on-one advising, and roundtable brown-bag lunches in Lowry.
- Reach out. G.E.T members visit classes, student groups, organizations, athletic teams, etc. to talk about off-campus study and encourage students to think about their options.
- Re-orient. They facilitate programs and work with any returnee who wants to talk about their off-campus experience in a variety of venues.
2013-14 Global Envoy Team Members
- Douglas Chapman
- Shyniece Ferguson
- Annie Godonoga
- Randie Henderson
- Catie Herst
- Zena Lapp
- Samantha McNelly
- Tiara Patton
- Camille Schwartz
- Julie Shuff
- Zoe Zwegat
How to become a G.E.T. Member
Global Envoy Team member recruitment begins in the Spring semester preceding the experience. Sophomores and Juniors who have completed an off-campus experience are eligible to apply. Contact OCS with questions.
- Program Description (.pdf)
- Application (available April 2014)