Photo Contest Submission Rules
Deadline for submission of photographs is the third Friday of the semester following off-campus study.
- Only students returning from off-campus programs are eligible.
- Each student may submit up to 5 entries.
- 3" x 5" or 4" x 6" photos (in black and white or color) are all acceptable.
- Only prints are acceptable (no electronic submissions).
- Photos will be judged by members of the faculty and staff.
- Criteria for judging include aesthetic quality of the image and uniqueness of impression of the location.
- If your photo is chosen as a winner, we will need the digital file or negative in order to make an 8x10 copy.
- Off-Campus Studies will keep the submitted digital files of the winners for our records (winners will keep the enlargements after they are displayed).
Winning photos will be enlarged (8" x 10") and included in a display on the Art Wall in Lowry Center at the beginning of the fall and spring semesters. They will also be displayed in the Center for Diversity and Global Engagement, and on the OCS website until the next semester winners are chosen. Winners will be awarded an 8x10 enlargement of their photos.
On the back of EACH photo, please include the following information:
- YOUR NAME
- Box number, phone number and e-mail address
- Location where the photo was taken
- Approximate date of picture
Place entries in one envelope and deliver them to:
- Off-Campus Studies, Babcock Hall
Winners will be contacted as soon as possible and asked for digital files or negatives of the winning photos.
Winners will also be expected to write a short text to be displayed with the photo, and to sign a release allowing OCS to use photos for promotional purposes.