In addition to the scholarships and financial aid information below, check with your program to see if they offer need- or merit-based scholarships. Note: beware of any organization that charges you a fee for either a scholarship search or an application.
Study Abroad Scholarships
- Gilman International Scholarship Program
- Bridging Scholarships for Study in Japan
- National Security Education Program Boren Undergraduate Scholarships for students studying languages critical to U.S. national security.
- DAAD German Academic Exchange Service - Undergraduate and graduate scholarships, summer courses and internships for abroad experiences in Germany.
- Fund for Education Abroad - General and specific scholarships for dedicated U.S. students planning to participate in rigorous study abroad programs.
- LIVFund - Scholarships for studying, interning or volunteering in Latin America.
- Freeman-ASIA - Need-based scholarships for study abroad in East or Southeast Asia.
General Resources for Study Abroad Funding
- IIE Passport Study Abroad Funding database - University of Minnesota's Learning Abroad Center Scholarships and Funding Resource List
- International Education Financial Aid
- NAFSA Financial Aid & Study Abroad: Basic Facts for Students
- International Scholarships database
- Study Abroad Financial Aid - tips and resources from DiversityAbroad.