Health and Safety
Resources for a Successful Off-Campus Experience
- Association for Safe International Road Travel - Road travel reports including road conditions, transportation options, regulations and statistics. Tips for road travel safety and best practices, with a special section for study abroad.
- Centers For Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Emergency Numbers Around the World
- Medical College of Wisconsin Travel Health Links
- SAFETI - Safety Abroad First Educational Travel Information handbook by the Center for Global Education.
- Sarah's Wish - A foundation with study abroad travel guidelines and a safety video "Know Before You Go."
- Travel Clinic - A guide to staying healthy during travel abroad, before you go, while you're away, and when you return.
- Travelers Vaccines - Pre-departure, on-site and re-entry travel health tips plus a travel clinic locator.
- U.S. Department of State Travel Information – Students should check this site for information and updates from the U.S. State Department about current safety and security issues.
- List of U.S. consulates, embassies and diplomatic missions abroad
- World Health Organization - World health by country and by topic.