Standard Test Policy
All students are required to submit ACT and/or SAT scores with their application for admission. We have no preference between the two tests. International students are also required to submit a TOEFL score. Please note that score submissions must come from your guidance office or testing agency.
ACT (Code: 3260)
- Best score is determined by combining the highest score received on each section from any combination of testing dates (i.e., superscoring).
SAT (Code: 1134)
- Starting in March 2016, the College Board now offers a new, redesigned version of the SAT. The test itself may have changed, but the way we use SAT scores in the admissions process will not — they will continue to be used as one piece of a much broader and holistic review process.
- We will continue to accept scores from the old version of the SAT for the five years scores remain valid, and will superscore within both the old exam and the new, but will not superscore between the two versions. No matter what scores you send, we’ll be considering your best.
- The SAT Essay is neither required nor recommended as part of your application credentials.
TOEFL (Code: 1134)
- TOEFL waivers will be granted for students who achieve a score of at least 550 on the Critical Reading section of the SAT and/or those who have studied for at least three years in the U.S. Waivers are also granted for students from the following countries: India, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Zimbabwe, and Canada.
- IELTS or other approved English exams may be submitted in lieu of TOEFL.
- Students who receive a TOEFL score (or equivalent) below 85 will be strongly encouraged to attend the English Engagement Seminar at The College of Wooster. Students with TOEFL scores below 90 are also welcome to consider this program.