International Student Application Information
International applicants are students who require a visa to live and study in the US. Individuals with US citizenship or US permanent residency are not considered international students for the purpose of applying to the College for admission or financial aid even if they are not currently living in the United States.
Application Requirements for International Applicants
- Common Application
- Writing Supplement
- An official transcript
- A Secondary School Report & International Supplement completed by a counselor/headmaster/advisor
- A Teacher Evaluation
- $40 application fee (waived if application submitted on-line)
- Official SAT I/ACT and TOEFL/IELTS
- The International Student Financial Aid Application
- "Certificate of Finances" (required by all applicants regardless of financial status)
- Terms of Enrollment - International Certificate of Finances
Application Deadlines for International First-Year Students
Early Decision I and II:
ED I: November 8* (notification 11/25*, enroll by varies*)
ED II: January 15 (notification 2/1, enroll by 2/15)
This is an ideal option if you are certain that Wooster is the right college for you. Early Decision is considered binding, so if you choose to apply under this option, you must use the Common Application and submit the Early Decision Agreement.
*Due to some students and counselors sharing frustration over technical difficulties with the Common Application, Wooster has extended the Early Decision I deadline to Friday, November 8 with notification by November 25. Students who submitted their Early Decision application by November 1 will still receive an admission decision by November 15. We urge you to submit your application, Writing Supplement (if using the Common Application) and supporting materials as soon as possible.
Early Action: November 15
Early Action is a non-binding option that offers early admission notification, and the option to consider other colleges and universities. Early Action applicants will receive an admissions notification by December 31 and have until May 1 to make their college decision.
Regular Decision: February 15
Regular Decision students will be notified by April 1 and have until May 1 to make their college decision and submit the $350 enrollment deposit.
Requesting Waiver of Application Requirements
Please contact the Director of International Recruitment, JP Yates if you’d like to ask us about waiving an application requirement.
- Submit all your application documents under the same name.
- Answer all the questions in the application. If you leave out information, it may reduce your chances for admission or receiving financial aid.
- Be sure that all recommendations, transcripts, official exam results come directly from the teacher, school, or testing agency.
- Be sure all documents are in English, or in the home language with attached English translations.
- Include a detailed resume. Copies of awards received are unnecessary.