International Student Application Information
International applicants are students who require a visa to live and study in the US. Individuals with US citizenship or US permanent residency are not considered international students for the purpose of applying to the College (even if they are not currently living in the United States).
Application Requirements for International Applicants
- Common Application
- Writing Supplement
- Official Transcript
- Secondary School Report & International Supplement
- Teacher Evaluation
- $40 Application Fee (waived for online applications)
- Official SAT/ACT and TOEFL/IELTS
- International Student Financial Aid Application (.pdf)
- International Certificate of Finances (.pdf)
Application Deadlines for International First-Year Students
Early Decision I and II:
This is an ideal option if you are certain that Wooster is the right college for you. Early Decision is considered binding, so if you choose to apply under this option, you must use the Common Application and submit the Early Decision Agreement (.pdf).
Early Action: November 15 (notification 12/31, enroll by 5/1)
Early Action is a non-binding option that offers early admission notification, and the option to consider other colleges and universities. Early Action applicants will receive an admissions notification by December 31 and have until May 1 to make their college decision.
Regular Decision: February 15 (notification by 4/1, enroll by 5/1)
Requesting Waiver of Application Requirements
Please contact the Office of Admissions if you’d like to ask us about waiving an application requirement.
- Submit all your application documents under the same name.
- Answer all the questions in the application. If you leave out information, it may reduce your chances for admission or receiving financial aid.
- Be sure that all recommendations, transcripts, official exam results come directly from the teacher, school, or testing agency.
- Be sure all documents are in English or in a home language with attached English translations.
- Include a detailed resume. Copies of awards received are unnecessary.