Office Address: 106 Morgan
- B.A., Emory University
- Ph.D., Michigan State University
- PSYC 110: Child and Adolescent Development
- PSYC 399: Psychology of Immigration
- PSYC 399L: Educational Psychology Lab
- EDUC 265W: Social and Cultural Environments in Early Childhood
Area of Interest
I am interested in how interpersonal relationships (i.e., with parents and peers) influence various outcomes in children, including racial and ethnic identity development in Black immigrant youth as well as conflict resolution strategies in Head Start preschool children.
- Thelamour, B. & Johnson, D.J. (2016). Exploring Black immigrant and non-immigrants’ understanding of “acting Black” and “acting White.” Journal of Black Psychology, 1-25. doi: 10.1177/009578416641863
- Thelamour, B. & Jacobs, D.L. (2013). Homework practices of English and non-English speaking parents. Urban Education, Prepublished April 22, 2013. doi: 10.1177/0042085913481360
- Thelamour, B. (2013). Working parents. In J. Ainsworth (Ed.), Sociology of education: An A-to-Z guide (pp.. 855-857). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- Thelamour, B. & Johnson, D.J. (April, 2013). “Acting Black” and “Acting White”: Perceptions of immigrant and non-immigrant Black adolescents. Poster presented at the 2013 Society for Research in Child Development Biennial Meeting, Seattle, WA.
- Thelamour, B. (May, 2012). Potential effects of anti-immigration legislation on the Latino child: A consideration of child ecology. Paper presented at Michigan AGEP Scholars Seminar 2012 Research Symposium, Ann Arbor, MI.
- Fedor, M.C., Thelamour, B. & Roseth, C.J. (April, 2012). “Stop fighting!”: Third-party peer intervention and preschoolers’ conflict resolution. Paper presented at the American Educational Research Association Annual Meeting, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
- Thelamour, B. (March, 2011). Immigrant parents’ narratives and perceived interest in their stories. Paper presented at theCity College of New York Immigration and Education Conference, New York, NY.
- Roseth, C.J., Fedor, M., Thelamour, B. & Wilcken, A. (October, 2009). The development of children’s inequity aversion. Poser presented at Cognitive Development Society’s (CDS) Biennial Meeting, San Antonio, TX.