Assistant Professor of Physics
- B.S., University of Puget Sound (Physics and Mathematics) 2003
- M.S., Ph.D. University of Oregon 2004, 2010
- Dissertation title: "Measurement and control of transverse photonic degrees of freedom via parity sorting and spin-orbit interaction"
- Parity-based measurement and control of transverse quantum states of light, bimodal two-photon interference, quantum entanglement, spin-orbit interaction of electrons and photons in cylindrical geometries.
- Calculus Physics
- Modern Physics
- Electronics for Scientists
- Quantum Mechanics
- Particle Physics
- Thermal Physics
- First Year Seminar
- Math Methods for Physical Sciences
- Electricity & Magnetism
Senior Theses Advised [abstracts]
- Saul Propp (Physics and Philosophy) Relativistic Perturbations and Ontological Implications: Exploring the Zitterbewegung and Laying the Groundwork for a Quantum Ontology, 2015
- Deepika Sundarraman, The Manipulation of Transverse Spatial Mode and Polarization Degrees of Freedom of Light in an Asymmetric Interferometric System, 2014
- Tom Gilliss, Manipulation of Transverse Photonic Degrees of Freedom via Classical and Hong-Ou-Mandel Interference, 2013
- Karl Smith, Electrons Aligned and Felines Undefined: Interpretations of Quantum Mechanics and Perturbing the Spin-Orbit Interaction in Electrons, 2013
- Michael-Erik Ronlund, Sorting Spatial Wavefunctions of Photons by Parity, 2013
- Mohammad Saif Ahmad, Parity-based Measurement and Control of the Spatial Wave Function of Photons, 2012
- Margaret Raabe, Manipulation of a Photon's Wave Function in Optical Fibers, 2012
Recent Publications (*student co-author)
- C. Leary, M. Lankford* and D. Sundarraman*, "Coupling of spin and orbital degrees of freedom in tunable Hong-Ou-Mandel interference involving photons in hybrid spin-orbit modes”, Proceedings of SPIE: Optics and Optoelectronics - Quantum Optics and Quantum Information Transfer and Processing (2015).
- C. Leary and Karl H. Smith*, "Unified dynamics of electrons and photons via Zitterbewegung and spin-orbit interaction", Phys. Rev. A, 89, 023831, (2014).
- Cody C. Leary, Thomas Gilliss* and Deepika Sundarraman*, "Bimodal Hong-Ou-Mandel Interference in Symmetric and Asymmetric Optical Systems", proceedings of the Conference on Coherence in Quantum Optics, Optical Society of America, M6 05 (2013).
- Dashiell L. Vitullo, M. G. Raymer, Cody C. Leary, Siddharth Ramachandran, “Photonic Spin-Orbit Interaction in Few-Mode-Optical Fiber,” in the Proceedings of the Frontiers in Optics: Laser Science XXVII Conference, San Jose, CA (2011).
- Yoonshik Kang, Kiyoung Cho, Jaewoo Noh, Dash Vitullo, Cody Leary, and Michael G. Raymer, "Remote preparation of complex spatial state of single photons and verification by two-photon imaging experiment" Opt. Express 18, 1217 (2010).
- C. C. Leary, M. G. Raymer, and S. J. Van Enk, "Spin and Orbital Rotation of Electrons and Photons via Spin-Orbit Interaction" Phys. Rev. A (Rapid Communications) 80, 061804 (2009).
- C. C. Leary, L. A. Baumgardner, and M. G. Raymer, "Stable mode sorting by two-dimensional parity of photonic transverse spatial states" Opt. Express 17, 4 (2009).
- C. C. Leary, D. Reeb, and M. G. Raymer, "Self-spin-controlled rotation of spatial states of a Dirac electron in a cylindrical potential via spin-orbit interaction" New J. Phys. 10, 103022 (2008).