Professor of Theatre - On Leave Fall Semester '17
Department/Affiliation: Film Studies, Theatre & Dance, Environmental Studies
Office Address: 116 Wishart
- B.S., Bowling Green State University 1971
- M.A., Kent State University 1975
- Ph.D., Kent State University 1990
- THTD 102: Foundations of Theatrical Design
- THTD 248: Native American Performance
- THTD 249: Indigenous Film
- THTD 302: courses in Scene Design, Lighting Design, and Scenic Painting
- THTD 399: Green Theatre, Performance and Practice
Awards and Professional Memberships
- Ohio Valley Section’s Award for Excellence in Scenic Design for his production of Brian Friel’s “Translations.”
- United States Institute for Theatre Technology
- Completed workshop in Advanced Screen Writing, Maine Media College
- Drama Review and Melus, and served as contributing author and editor for Reinventing Traditional Alaskan Native Performance by Thomas Riccio
- "Another Perspective" A Review of, Native American Classics" was published, in Ragazine April 2013 and in International Journal of Comic Art, Summer / Spring 2013, Vol. 15, #1
- Professor Seeds specializes in scenic and lighting design. He also focuses on the performance traditions of indigenous peoples, particularly those of Alaskan natives.
- Seeds’ credits include more than 175 productions of theatre, dance, and opera – most notably The Ohio Light Opera Company, the Abbey Theatre of Dublin (Ireland), The University of Alaska Fairbanks, and the Eastman School of Music.
- The University of Texas, Dallas and the Dallas-based performance company Dead White Zombies.
- Playwright: The Day That Cries Forever (2008); Cards and Letters From the Dakota War (2013)