Professor of Mathematics
Office Address: 305 Taylor
- B.S., Manchester College 1975
- M.S., Michigan State University 1981
- Ph.D., Michigan State University 1981
- Calculus with Analytic Geometry
- Calculus with Algebra A
- Linear Algebra
- Advanced Linear Algebra
- Complex Analysis
- Functions of a Complex Variable
- Probability and Statistics I and II
- Basic Statistics
- Real Analysis I and II
- Multivariate Calculus
- First Year Seminar
Recently Advised Senior Theses
- Modifying the Virasoro-Shapiro Amplitude to Correspond to the Blueball Trajectory (Brian Maddock, Math and Physics, 2015)
- Glory, Glory Fan United! A Study of the Relationship Between Fan Loyalty and Team Performance in English Premier League Football (Priyanka Datta, Math and Economics, 2015)
- Modeling Crime Using Social Interaction (Daniel Miller, Math and Economics, 2015)
- Beyond β: An Analysis of Alternative Risk Measures (Jai Kedia, Math and Business Economics)
- A Bayesian Model of Fertility Decisions in Relationship to Female Labor Force Participation (Rebecca Wardrop, 2014)
- Applying Markov Chains to Baseball (Jarrod Mancine, 2014)
- Mistletoe Marketing: An Analysis of How Christmas Stimuli Affect Consumer Behavior (Julia Land, 2014)
- The Black-Scholes Options Pricing Model and its Implications on the Underlying Security Market (Steve Hagen, Math and Business Economics, 2014)
- Only for Honest Men: A Survey of Voting Theory (Anna Easterday, 2013)
- A Study of Modern Geometries and Felix Klein's Erlanger (Ashley Stopka, Math and Chinese, 2013)
- Exercise Intention and Motivation Intrapersonal Relationships, Feedback and Personality (Kendal Wong, Math and Psychology, 2013)
- Let's Get in the Modd: An Exploration and Implementation of Data Mining Techniques to Predict Mood Based on Musical Propertis of Songs (Sarah Smith-Polderman, 2013)
- Optimizing Integer Arithmetic for Public Key Cryptography (Spencer Hall, Math and Computer Science, 2013)
- Is Efficiency Optional? A study regarding the binomial options pricing model, transactions costs, and the implications of options on market efficiency (Andrew Licking, Math and Business Economics, 2012)
- Data Mining and Its Applications (Yanlong Hu, Math and CS, 2012)
- Two-person Zero-sum Game Theory: Batter vs. Pitcher (Josh Stidham, 2012)
- Multivariate Statistics (Joshua Dailey, 2012)
- Monte Carlo Simulations of the Clumpy Torus in Active Galactic Nuclei (Joshua Dailey, 2012)
- Fish On: A Study of Nonlinear Elasticity and Tensors (Noah Hartley-Shepherd, 2011)
- Bayesian Statistics: An Alternative Method to Insurance Pricing Practice (Wenyuan Wu, Math and Economics, 2011)
- What are the Chances? A Study of Probability Functions and Their Theory (Andrew Sage, 2007)
- Option Valuation and The Binomial Approach (Daniel Tzonev, 2004)
- "Powers of Magic Matrices" with Edwards, Bianca, The Mathematical Gazette, Volume 95, No. 533, July 2011, 284-292.
- Preservers of eigenvalue inclusion sets, with Herman, Aaron and Li, Chi-Kwong, Linear Algebra and Its Applications, Volume 433, issue 5, October 15, 2010, 1038-1051.
- Computing Definite integrals using the Definition, The College Mathematics Journal, Volume 41, Number 1, January 2010.
- Frozen in Time, APCentral, July 2004.
- Some Thoughts on 2003 Calculus AB Question 6, with Riddle, Larry, APCentral, June 2003.
- Problem #726 Solution, The College Mathematics Journal, Volume 34, No. 3, May 2003.
Awards and Professional Memberships
- Sigma Pi Sigma
- Kappa Mu Epsilon
- Mathematical Association of America