Jerri Lynn Baxstrom
Department/Affiliation: French and Francophone Studies
Office Address: 204 Lilly
- B.A., French and German, Ashland University, 1974
- M. Ed., Ashland University, 1992
- FREN 101: Level I Beginning French
- FREN 102: Level II Beginning French
Awards and Professional Memberships
- Distinguished Career Award from the Ohio Foreign Language Association, 2010
- Bixler Award from Ashland University for Outstanding Alumnus in the Field of Education, 1992
- Ohio Foreign Language Association
- American Association of Teachers of French
- American Association of Teachers of German
Baxstrom published a German cultural reader Von Vereinigung zu Vereinigung (From Unification to Unification) in 1997. It is a survey of German history since 1871 with comparisons to American history.
Baxstrom taught French and German at Smithville High School from 1974 - 2009 before coming to The College of Wooster as an adjunct professor in 2010. She has worked as an instructor and tutor in both French and German for local companies. She has also led numerous trips to Europe for students and more recently for adults. Various locations in France have been part of each one of those itineraries.
Baxstrom has a passion for the French language and francophone cultures and their connection to other fields, especially history, music, and cuisine. Her knowledge of the art of French cooking was enhanced by participating in a class at a French school of cuisine in Louviers, Normandy. She is also a classical pianist and organist, and plays many works by French and German composers as she volunteers for her church.