Jerri Lynn Baxstrom
Department/Affiliation: French and Francophone Studies
Office Address: 204 Lilly
- B.A., French and German, Ashland University, 1974
- M. Ed., Ashland University, 1992
- FREN 101: Level I Beginning French
- FREN 102: Level II Beginning French
Awards and Professional Memberships
- Bixler Award from Ashland University for Outstanding Alumnus in the Field of Education, 1992
- Distinguished Career Award from the Ohio Foreign Language Association, 2010.
- Ohio Foreign Language Association
- American Association of Teachers of French
- American Association of Teachers of German
Baxstrom published a German cultural reader Von Vereinigung zu Vereinigung (From Unification to Unification) in 1997. It is a survey of German history since 1871 with comparisons to American history.
Please see Curriculum Vitae.
Baxstrom taught French and German at Smithville High School from 1974 - 2009 before coming to the College of Wooster as an adjunct professor. She has led five student trips and one adult trip to Europe and visited France many times, recently attending a school of cuisine in Normandy. Baxstrom has a passion for the French language and francophone cultures and their connection to other fields, especially history, music, and cuisine.