Joan E. Furey
Office Address: 003 Wishart
- A.B., University of Chicago 1990
- M.A., University of Pittsburgh 1994
- Ph.D., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign 2003
- COMD 141: Introduction to Communication Sciences and Disorders
- COMD 143: Phonetic Transcription and Phonology
- COMD 145: Language Development in Children
- COMD 316: Anatomy and Physiology of Speech Mechanism
- COMD 345: Language Disorders in Children
- COM 401: Junior Independent Study
- IDPT 101: First-Year Seminar
Awards and Professional Memberships
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology
- Licensed Speech-Language Pathologist in the State of Ohio
- Member of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Recipient of the Advancing Academic and Research Careers Award Fellowship from ASHA (2004-2005)
Early phonological and lexical development and poverty and its impact on speech and language development.
Furey, J. E. (2011). Production and maternal-report of 16- and 18-month-olds' vocabulary
in low- and middle-income
families. American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology, 20, 38-46.
Furey, J. E., & Watkins, R. V. (2002). Accuracy of online language sampling: A focus
on verbs. American Journal of Speech-
Language Pathology, 11, 434-439.