Professor of Psychology
- Ph.D. Kent State University, 1996
- M.A. Kent State University, 1994
- B.A. Baldwin-Wallace College, 1991
- Perception & Action
- Music & Speech Perception
- Evolutionary Psychology
- Introduction to Psychology
- Statistics and Experimental Design
- Auditory motion perception
- Evolution and behavior
- Speech and music perception
- Change deafness
- Human factors and auditory display
- Perceptual and cognitive neuroscience
(see CV for complete list)
Neuhoff, J. G. & Bochtler, K. S.* (in press). Change Deafness, Dual Task Performance, and Domain-Specific Expertise. Quarterly Journal of Experimental Psychology.
Neuhoff, J. G., (in press). Adaptive Biases in Visual and Auditory Looming Perception, in T. L. Hubbard (Ed.), Spatial Biases in Perception and Cognition. Cambridge, MA: Cambridge University Press.
Neuhoff, J. G., & Hubbard, T. L. (2017). Voice, speech, and language: Selected papers from APCAM. Journal of Cognitive Psychology, 29, 1-2.
Neuhoff, J. G., (2016). Looming Sounds are Perceived as Faster than Receding Sounds. Cognitive Research: Principles and Implications. 1:15 DOI: 10.1186/s41235-016-0017-4.
Neuhoff, J. G., Wayand, J., Ndiaye, M. C.*, Berkow, A. B.*, Bertacchi, B. R.*, Benton, C. B.* (2015). Slow Change Deafness. Attention, Perception, & Psychophysics. 77: 1189-99.
- Neuhoff, J. G. & Heller, L. (2015). Applied Ecological Acoustics. In R. Hoffman, J. Szalma, P. Hancock, R. Parasuraman, & M. Scerbo (Eds.), Cambridge University Handbook on Applied Perception Research. Cambridge University Press.