Technical Director, Scene Shop Supervisor, Lighting Designer
Department/Affiliation: Theatre & Dance
Office Address: Scene Shop, Freedlander Theatre
- B.A., Wartburg College Waverly, Iowa
- M.F.A. Lighting/Sound Design & Technology, University of South Dakota-Vermillion
Awards and Professional Memberships
- Jody's lighting designs at The C.O.W. include Equus, Marat Sade, The Glass Menagerie, Iphigenia, Comedy of Errors, A Flea in Her Ear and Spring Dance Concerts.
- Her lighting at the Black Hills Playhouse included Sherlock Holmes-the Final Adventure, A Chorus Line and while at USD included The Diviners, Macbeth, Faith Healer, and The Lieutenant of Inishmore.
- Jody was the winner of the 2005 region 5 ACTF David L. Thayer Lighting competition in Fargo, ND and in 2006 was at the Guthrie Theatre as a lighting intern.
- She has worked as a carpenter for the Oregon Shakespeare Festival, Indiana Repertory Theatre, The Old Creamery Theatre and Missouri Repertory Theatre.
- She was Technical Director at Indiana State University, the University of Nebraska at Kearney, and during her graduate work at USD.
- Jody is a member of IATSE local 631 in Orlando, Florida.