Karl J. Feierabend
Assistant Professor of Chemistry, Physical
Office Address: 214 Severance
- B.S., Furman University 2001
- Ph.D., University of Colorado at Boulder 2006
Areas of Research
The photochemistry and kinetics of atmospheric chemical processes, specifically those that can occur in atmospheric organic aerosols.
- CHEM 110: Introductory Chemistry
- CHEM 120: Principles of Chemistry
- CHEM 318: Physical Chemistry I
- CHEM 319: Physical Chemistry II
- Alexander Anderson: Photochemistry of Oxalic Acid and Malonic Acid in Aqueous Solution at Different Protonation States
- Jared Steed: Investigation of the Kinetics of Aqueous Dicarboxylic Acids Under Tropospheric Light Conditions and the Application of Systems of Ordinary Differential Equations to Model Chemical Kinetics
Awards and Professional Memberships
- American Chemical Society (ACS)
- K.J. Feierabend, J.E. Flad, S. S. Brown, J. B. Burkholder; HCO Quantum Yields in the Photolysis of HC(O)C(O)H (Glyoxal) Between 290 and 420 nm. Journal of Physical Chemistry A, 2009, 113(27), pp 7784-7794.