Visiting Assistant Professor
Office Address: 215 Severance
- B.S., Chemistry, Xavier University, May 2006
- Ph.D., Analytical Chemistry, Indiana University, July 2012
Area of Research
- Implementation of microfabrication techniques for analytical method development
- Chemistry 110: Introductory Chemistry
- Chemistry 120: Principles of Chemistry
- Chemistry 215: Analytical Chemistry
- Chemistry 316: Instrumental Analysis
Awards & Professional Memberships
- American Chemical Society
- Indiana University College of Arts and Sciences Travel Award, 2010
- Women in Chemistry Travel Award, 2010
- Indiana University Department Fellowship, 2006-09
- American Chemical Society Division of Analytical Chemistry Undergraduate Award, 2005
- On-the-Spot Award, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, 2004
- R. A. Ran, M. D. Hoffman, M. S. Donoghue, A. J. Hung, and S. C. Jacobson; “Water-Assisted Femtosecond Laser Machining of Electrospray Nozzles on Glass Microfluidic Devices.” Optics Express, 2008, 16, 15260-15211.
- M. A. Lerch, M. D. Hoffman, and S. C. Jacobson; “Influence of Channel Position on Sample Confinement in Two-Dimensional Planar Microfluidic Devices.” Analytical Chemistry, 2008, 8, 316-322.
- R. J. Mullins, M. D. Hoffman, and A. Kelley; “Krapcho Decarboxylation.” In Name Reactions for Functional Group Transformations, J. J. Li, Ed; Wiley & Sons: Hoboken, NJ, 2007, 635-64.