Visiting Assistant Professor
Department/Affiliation: Biology, BCMB
Office Address: 215 Severance
- B.A., Colby College 2005
- Ph.D., Pennsylvania State University 2011
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Cleveland Clinic Lerner Research Institute, 2011-2014
- BIOL 201: Gateway to Molecular and Cellular Biology
- BCMB 303: Techniques in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- BCMB 331: Principles of Biochemistry
- BCMB 332: Biochemistry of Metabolism
- BCMB 401: Introduction to Independent Study
Areas of Research
- RNA biochemistry
- Mechanisms of eukaryotic gene regulation
- Abiotic stress response in Arabidopsis thaliana
- Melissa A. Mullen Davis, Jiannan Guo, David H. Price, Donal S. Luse "Functional interactions of the RNA polymerase II-interacting proteins Gdown1 and TFIIF" J. Biol. Chem. 289: 11143-11152 (2014).
- Melissa A. Mullen, Sarah M. Assmann, Philip C. Bevilacqua, "Towards a digital gene response: RNA G-quadruplexes with fewer quartets fold with higher cooperativity" J. Amer. Chem. Soc.134 (2): 812-815 (2012).
- Melissa A. Mullen, Kalee J. Olson, Paul Dallaire, François Major, Sarah M. Assmann, Philip C. Bevilacqua, "RNA G-quadruplexes in the model plant species Arabidopsis thaliana: Prevalence and possible functional roles" Nucleic Acids Res., 38 (22): 8149-8163 (2010).
- Jérôme Bove, Carey L.H. Hord, Melissa A. Mullen, "The blossoming of RNA Biology: Novel Insights from Plant Systems", RNA, 12 (12): 2035-2046 (2006).