Visiting Assistant Professor of Chemistry, Biochemistry (2014-2015)
Department/Affiliation: Chemistry, BCMB
Office Address: 222 Severance
- B.A., The College of Wooster, 2005
- Ph.D., Brandeis University, 2011
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Boston Children’s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 2011-2014
Areas of Research
- Bacterial Transcription Factors
- Mechanisms of Bacterial Gene Regulation
- Protein Biochemistry
- CHEM 111: Introductory Chemistry
- CHEM 112: Principles of Chemistry
- CHEM 211: Organic Chemistry I
- CHEM 212: Organic Chemistry II
- BCMB 303: Techniques in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Graduate Women in Science
- American Society of Microbiology
Garcia H.G., Sanchez A., Boedicker J.Q., Osborne M.L., Gelles J., Kondev J., and Phillips R. (2012) Operator sequence alters gene expression independently of transcription factor occupancy in bacteria. Cell Rep. Jul 26; 2(1): 150-61.
Sanchez A., Osborne M.L., Friedman L.J., Kondev J., and Gelles J. (2011) Mechanism of transcriptional repression at a bacterial promoter by analysis of single molecules. EMBO J. Aug 9; 30(19): 3940-6.
Ohren J.F., Kundracik M.L., Borders C.L. Jr, Edmiston P., Viola R.E. (2007) Structural Asymmetry and Intersubunit Communication in Muscle Creatine Kinase, Acta Crystallogr. D Biol. Crystallogr. Mar; 63(Pt3): 381-9.
Smiley J.A., Kundracik M., Landfried D.A., Barnes V.R. Sr, Axhemi A.A. (2005) Genes of the Thymidine Salvage Pathway: Thymine-7-Hydroxylase from a Rhodotorula gultinis cDNA Library and Iso-orotate Decarboxylase from Neurospora crassa. Biochim. Biophys. Acta. May 25; 1723(1-3): 256-64.
Alam S., Grum-Tokars V., Krucinska J., Kundracik M.L., Wedekind J.E. (2005) Conformational Heterogeneity at Position U37 of an All-RNA Hairpin Ribozyme with Implications for Metal Binding and the Catalytic Structure of the S-turn. Biochemistry. Nov 8; 44(44): 14396-408.