Professor, Chair of Chinese
Department/Affiliation: Chinese, Comparative Literature, East Asian Studies
Office Address: 203 Kauke
- Peking Normal University 1981
- B.A. Wabash College 1983
- M.A. Rutgers 1986
- Ph.D. Rutgers 1993
- CHIN 101 and 102: Beginning Chinese Level I and II
- CHIN 201 and 202: Intermediate Chinese I and II
- CHIN 301 and 302: Advanced Intermediate Chinese I and II
- CHIN 220: Rebels, Romantics and Reformers, Being Young in China
- CHIN 222: Women in Chinese Literature, Daughters of the Patriarch
- CHIN 223: Chinese Cinema as Cultural Translation and Self-Representation
- First-Year Seminar: Chinese Box
Wang’s research interests include Lu Xun, Chinese realism, and Chinese cinema.
- Published - East Asia
- Published - Asian Cinema
- Published - Canadian Review of Comparative Literature
- Book Review - Journal of Asian Studies
- Contributor - Gale Encyclopedia of Modern China on such important modern writers as Ba Jin and Gao Xingjian.
- Published Translations of American writers in English World and Masterpieces of Twentieth Century English Prose.