Simon J.M. Gray
Associate Professor of CS; GLCA New Directions Initiative Program Officer
Department/Affiliation: Computer Science
Office Address: 313 Taylor
- B.A., University of Virginia (Philosophy and Anthropology) 1982
- M.A., University of Virginia (Anthropology) 1984
- M.S., University of North Texas (Computer Science) 1987
- Ph.D., Kent State University (Computer Science) 1998
- Mead, J. and S. Gray. “Contexts for Threshold Concepts I: A Conceptual Structure for Localizing Candidates”, in Threshold Concepts and Transformational Learning, J.H.F.Meyer, R. Land and C. Baillie (Eds.), Rotterdam: Sense Publishers, 2010.
- Gonzalo, M.J., M. Brewer, C. Anderson, D. Sullivan, S. Gray and E. van der Knaap, “Tomato Fruit Shape Analysis using Morphometric and Morphology Attributes Implemented in Tomato Analyzer Software Program”, Journal of the American Society of Horticultural Science, 134: pp. 77–87, 2009.
- Mead, J. and S. Gray. “A Conceptual Structure for Localizing Threshold Concept Candidates”, Threshold Concept Conference, Queen’s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada, June 18 - 21, 2008.
- Gray, S., C. St. Clair, R. James and J. Mead, “Graduated Exposure to Programming Concepts Using Faded Worked Examples”, Proceedings of the Third International Computing Education Research Workshop, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA, September 15-16, 2007.
- Barker, J. and S. Gray, “Determining Phylogeny from Gene Copy Number”, MCURCSM07, Proceedings of the Midstates Conference for Undergraduate Research in Computer Science and Mathematics, John Carroll University, November, 2007, pp. 69–78.
- Mead, J., S. Gray, J. Hamer, R. James, J. Sorva, C. St. Clair and L. Thomas, “A cognitive approach to identifying measurable milestones for programming skill acquisition”, Working Group Report for ITiCSE’06, Conference on Innovation and Technology in Computer Science Education, Bologna, Italy. inroads - SIGCSE Bulletin, 38(4):182–194, Dec 2006.
- Brewer, M., K. Fujimura, L. Lang, N. Dujmovic, S. Gray and E. van der Knaap, “Development of a controlled vocabulary and software application to analyze fruit shape variation in tomato and other plant species”, Plant Physiology, May 2006.
- Jerry Mead, Simon Gray, Caroline St. Clair, Richard James, Lynda Thomas, Juha Sorva, John Hamer, “A Cognitive Approach to Identifying Measurable Milestones for Programming Skill Acquisition” SIGCSE Bulletin Inroads, Volume 38, Number 4, December 2006.