- B.A., University of Wisconsin-Whitewater 1977
- M.F.A., Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville 1981
Areas of Expertise
- ARTS 151: Introduction to Drawing
- ARTS 161: Introduction to Three-Dimensional Design
- ARTS 163: Introduction to Sculpture
- ARTS 165: Introduction to Ceramics
- ARTS 263/363: Intermediate/Advanced Sculpture
- ARTS 265/365: Intermediate/Advanced Ceramic
- ARTS 401: Junior Independent Study Seminar
- ARTS 451/452: Senior Independent Study
- IDPT 101: First Year Seminar
Walter Zurko received his Master of Fine Arts degree in 1981 and began teaching at Wooster that same year. He is a sculptor who works primarily with wood as well as plaster and wax. Consistent throughout his work has been an interest in the vernacular of tools and implements, specifically those related to agriculture, and the implications of utility and making.
He is the recipient of five Ohio Arts Council Individual Excellence Awards. Recent artist residencies include the Vermont Studio Center, Johnson Veront (2011) and Anderson Ranch Arts Center (2008).