Parents & Families
Wooster Parents, many of the links in this section direct you to specific offices and provide contact information. The Dean of Students Office can guide you if you need additional assistance.
Advice from Wooster Moms
Moms of current students share advice for First Year parents.
Join the Parents Leadership Council (PLC)
Parents share how the PLC connects them to Wooster while lending their skills and talents.
Contact a Parent
It is great to hear things from another parents' perspective. Feel free to contact these current members of the Parents Leadership Council with questions related to their committee work, their children's experiences with Wooster or other relevant topics.
- Al and Donna Quiery, MI: Development and Admission Committees, son '10, history and Classics major, Summer in Tuscany Program, semester abroad in Greece, Swim Team, tour guide, service project housing, ESL instructor, Peace Corps in Zambia followed by graduate school; daughter '12, communication sciences major, swim team, subsequent Master's degree, currently a speech language pathologist; daughter '16, sociology major, English minor, Newman Center, spring break projects in New Orleans and El Salvador, Wooster summer abroad in Greece.
- Dave and Susan Bolte, IA: Admissions and Welcome Committees, son ’15, International Relations and German majors, tour guide for the College, learning to play the bagpipes, will be studying abroad in Germany during Spring, ’14.
- Ruthie Patterson, OH: Admissions and Welcome Committees, daughter ‘15, member of Delta theta Psi sorority, Tri-Beta secretary (Biology National Honor Society), Neuroscience club, Chemistry lab assistant, Neuroscience major (biology track).
- Ned and Jennifer Trainor, CA: Admission, Welcome and Career Services Committees, daughter '11, history major, dance, study abroad in St. Petersburg, currently working at the Brookings Institute; daughter '13, history major, tennis, study abroad in London and Granada; son ’16, major undecided.
- Hank Kimmel, GA: Admissions and Welcome Committees, daughter '16, Political Science and Philosophy major, gap year (AmeriCorps), study abroad (New Guinea/Philadelphia), volleyball, Hillel, Political Science assistant, attended boarding school prior to attending Wooster.
For more information please contact Peg Cornwell, Coordinator of the Wooster Parents & Family Association.