Examination and desk copies are not the same thing.
Publishers provide examination copies to faculty so they can review them for possible adoption in their courses. Publishers provide desk copies to faculty members who have adopted a book and are using it in their classes.
Normally, publishers will provide these books on a no cost basis; however, the publisher's marketing expense for these "free" copies is added to the cost of the book.
Publishers are the providers of desk copies and other ancillary materials. They prefer to work directly with faculty who use their materials.
- Pearson Education 1.800.922.0579
- Cengage 1.800.354.9706
- McGraw-Hill 1.800.338.3987
- John Wiley 1.800.225.5945
- MPS (Bedford,Freeman,Worth) 1.800.446.8923
- W.W. Norton 1.800.233.4830
- Oxford U. Press 1.800.280.0280
- Cambridge U. Press 1.866.257.3385
Other publisher websites can be found by doing an internet search.
"Instructional Resources for Faculty" booklets containing specific contact information for most American publishers are available upon request from Wilson Bookstore's book information desk.