CDGE Advisory Board
Advisory Board Members for 2013-2014
The CDGE Advisory Board is appointed by the College's provost and dean of students
and is comprised of faculty, staff, and students. Faculty and staff members include
academic affairs as well as student affairs personnel. One student is selected from
the C3 executive committee; the other two are nominated and selected by both the Advisory
Board and CDGE staff. The students represent a broad constituency and in some cases
may be emerging leaders.
The Board is charged with the following:
- Advise the director on proposed programming, annual themes, the schedule of events, activities, and the organization of the CDGE;
- Provide feedback on the impact and success of the CDGE's activities;
- Identify, in collaboration with the director, connections between the CDGE and the College community, curriculum, academic departments and programs, student life, and College initiatives;
- Promote the activities of the CDGE on campus, championing the mission and goals of the CDGE;
- Advance issues on campus that fall within the purview of the CDGE's mission and develop productive plans for how to address them; and
- As warranted, design and help implement action responses to campus, national, or global incidents pertaining to the mission of the CDGE that call for thoughtful engagement.