Schedule of Events for International Education Week 2014
Around the World in Seven Days
*** Please note: all times and locations are subject to change. Check email and COSMOS for updated information ***
Throughout the week:
- Art Wall (Lowry Center) – International Education Week display “Around the World in Seven Days”. Nov. 2 - Nov. 9.
- Ambassadors Dish of the Day, featuring food from Bangladesh, Bhutan, Japan, Malawi, South Korea – Lowry Dining Hall and The Tartan Room. Nov. 3 - Nov. 7.
Friday, October 31
- Flag Raising Ceremony, Upstairs in Lowry Center, 4:30 p.m.
Saturday, November 1
- Friends of International Students Picnic (part of Family Weekend festivities), Kittredge Dining Hall, 5 p.m. (This event is by invitation only).
- Culture Show, McGaw Chapel, 7 p.m.
** At this event, the Akaa project will be collecting cash donations to invest in a school bus to enable children in rural Ghana access quality education. The Akaa project was founded by a College of Wooster alum and IEW is thrilled to continue the relationship with such a great organization.
Sunday, November 2
- Day of the Dead Celebration, co-sponsored by Projecto Latino. Lowry Main Lounge and Pit, 7 p.m.
Monday, November 3
- Off Campus Studies Panel Discussion, Babcock Formal Lounge, 7 p.m.
Tuesday, November 4
Wednesday, November 5
- Movie: "L'Auberge Espagnole", Lowry Main Lounge and Pit, 7 p.m.
Thursday, November 6
- Bazaar, Lowry Main Lounge and Pit, 5 – 8 p.m.
** At this event, The International Students Association in collaboration with the African Students Union will be doing a fund raiser to support Médecins Sans Frontières / Doctors Without Borders, a French-founded, humanitarian organization leading the fight against Ebola. ISA/ASU is coordinating a clothing drive, and will reselling the clothing collected at the Bazaar. Clothing donated includes items and costumes from the College of Wooster's Theatre department. Profits made will be donated to MSF.
- SEA-US Tea Ceremony, Babcock Hall, 8 p.m.
Friday, November 7
- Dance Party in the UG (COW ID required for entrance), 11 p.m.
Saturday, November 8
- South Asian Dinner, Kittredge Dining Hall, 6 p.m. Tickets are $5 and are available from the COW bookstore from 10/23. Supplies are limited, so buy yours soon!