OPT Report Form

During your period of OPT, your immigration status remains that of an F-1 student. In order to remain in good standing, the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP), located within the Department of Homeland Security, requires that you report the following information to Wooster:

  • Your residential address
  • Your employer's name and address
  • Any changes in your employment (ending a job, changing jobs)
  • If you change your immigration status (for instance, to H1B)
  • OR if you leave the U.S. and will no longer be using your F-1 OPT

Also be sure to complete the OPT Report Form (.pdf). You must fill out this form even if you are not currently employed. Reporting may also be done by emailing the OISA, by faxing the change to 330-263-2076, or by writing the U.S. mail. Correspondence may be addressed as follows:

Director of International Student and Scholar Services 
The College of Wooster
1189 Beall Avenue
Wooster, OH 44691

Please use the chart below, as provided by Homeland Security, as a guide in reporting your employment information. If you are currently unemployed, indicate this in your reply. Please note: F-1 students on post-completion OPT may not accrue an aggregate of more than 90 days of unemployment during the 12-month period of OPT. F-1 students in STEM fields (Sciences, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) who are granted a 17-month extension for OPT may not accrue an aggregate of more than 120 days of unemployment during the 29-month OPT period. Please maintain a record of your job search process throughout your period of OPT.

Situation Information
Employed by one employer Provide your employer’s name and address.
Multiple employers List all employers’ names and addresses; indicate which employer is your primary employer.
Self-employed Indicate that you are self-employed and give the business address (which can be the same as your personal address).
Students with performing arts degrees who have multiple short-term jobs (gigs) If self-employed, indicate this as “Self-employed performing arts student.” Follow the directions below for sending your DSO a list of gigs on a regular basis.
If working for an agency, indicate the agency as the employer and list the agency’s address.
Not currently employed Indicate “none” for the employer.