Invitation Letter

Family Invitation Letter Request Form

Are you inviting a family member(s) to visit you at The College of Wooster? Family members wishing to make a short-term visit to you in the US must apply for a "tourist" (B1/B2) visa at the U.S. embassy in their home countries.

The OISA can issue a formal letter of invitation, to assist them in securing a visitor's visa to the USA. Request a letter for College of Wooster students only.

The letter of invitation should include:

  • Your name and the reason for your living in the U.S.
  • The names of your family members who wish to visit and the purpose of their visit
  • The duration of their visit
  • Provisions for their room and board or any other form of financial assistance for their trip and temporary visit

Tips for ther VISA Applications & Interviews:

  • If your family members are funding the trip themselves, it is recommended that they carry bank statements, employee verifications and other relevant documents to prove that they have sufficient funding for this trip. (If you are providing room or board or any other specific form of financial assistance, supply evidence of your sources of funding in the form of bank statements or letters from employers.)
  • Provide your family members with a copy of your I-20 or DS-2019 to verify your status in the U.S.
  • Your family members must prove that they will return home after visiting you in the U.S. They might show, for example, documents showing employment, property ownership, enrollment in any educational institute, etc.

For more information please visit the U.S. Department of State.