The mission of the campus grounds is to provide a safe and pleasant outdoor environment for students, faculty, staff and visitors through the maintenance of the campus grounds.
To Do List For December - February
- Snow and Ice Control
- When working outside in cold weather remember the following:
- Dress in layersProtect head, feet, hands and face from cold
- Proper foot wear...insulated & waterproof
- Be aware of the wind chill
- When shoveling snow or lifting salt, let your legs do the work NOT your back
- Prepare for the next growing season, landscape design, research, etc...
- Tree/shrub pruning, but remember that if the tree/shrub flowers in the spring/summer. Do not prune until after the plant is done flowering in the spring/summer
Green Star Awards
The College of Wooster’s grounds department has received two 2010 Green Star Awards from the Professional Ground Management Society, one for Andrew Turf Field and one for the landscaping around Gault Manor. Learn More »