The mission of the campus grounds is to provide a safe and pleasant outdoor environment for students, faculty, staff and visitors through the maintenance of the campus grounds.
To Do List For April
- Landscape Spring Clean-Up – Rake and remove leaves, twigs and other debris
- Edge landscape beds
- Mulch landscape beds – No thicker than 3"
- Seed bare spots in turf
- Aerate turfgrass areas
- Fertilize turf...Always Read the Label
- Fertilize plant material...Always Read the Label
- Apply pre-emergent weed controls to turf and landscape beds...Always Read the Label
- Mower maintenance – change oil, sharpen blades, and make repairs as needed...Remember Safety First
- Plan for your upcoming landscape projects
- Don't prune spring flower plants. Wait until the plant is finished blooming
Green Star Awards
The College of Wooster’s grounds department has received two 2010 Green Star Awards
from the Professional Ground Management Society, one for Andrew Turf Field and one
for the landscaping around Gault Manor.