To Do List: July
- Water existing and new landscapes
- Prune trees and shrubs
- Turn compost and/or mulch
- Deadhead roses and flowering perennials to encourage new blooms
- Split perennials
- Raise mower deck to reduce stress on turf
- Monitor plants for insect and disease damage
The mission of the campus grounds is to provide a safe and pleasant outdoor environment for students, faculty, staff and visitors through the maintenance of the campus grounds.
Grounds Crew is Honored with Prestigious PGMS Accreditation
The College of Wooster has received a Landscape Management and Operations Accreditation as awarded by the Professional Grounds Management Society (PGMS), it was announced by Walt Bonvell, a Certified Grounds Manager (CGM), past president of PGMS and senior grounds lead of Xavier University in Cincinnati, Ohio. Read more (.pdf).