To Do List: May
- It is not too late to apply a crabgrass preventer to turf. This can be applied up until June
- Applying a pre-emergent herbicide in flower beds
- Plant annual flowers
- Apply a well balanced fertilizer for spring flowering shrubs
- Edge flower beds, sidewalks, and driveways
- Mulch flower beds and tree rings. Mulch should be no more than 3'' thick
- Vegetable garden insulation
- Broadleaf weed control on turf
- Grub control
Keep up with the grounds crew on Facebook!
Grounds Crew is Honored with Prestigious PGMS Accreditation
The College of Wooster has received a Landscape Management and Operations Accreditation as awarded by the Professional Grounds Management Society (PGMS), it was announced by Walt Bonvell, a Certified Grounds Manager (CGM), past president of PGMS and senior grounds lead of Xavier University in Cincinnati, Ohio. Read more (.pdf).
The mission of the campus grounds is to provide a safe and pleasant outdoor environment for students, faculty, staff and visitors through the maintenance of the campus grounds.