Will assist those who need to acquire a new College of Wooster ID, or need changes
their existing ID. Will help to package and give out residence hall keys to new and returning
students during fall move-in. Will also be required to help the coordinator on special tasks or
Description of Duties and Responsibilities (may include the following, but will not be
- Help maintain the safety and security of the campus.
- Issue permanent ID cards to students, faculty, staff, and departments.
- Assist with ID replacements and fees due to student loss.
- Issue keys to new and returning students.
- Assist with lock change replacements and fees due to student key loss.
- Answer phone, maintain files and paperwork.
- Maintain current ID and key system.
- Ability to perform basic troubleshooting skills for cardholders with problems.
- Data entry and retrieval.
- Train new student employees in clerical duties and data entry functions.
- Assist the department at special campus events, summer activities, break closings and other projects as assigned.
- Assist the dispatcher or switchboard operator when asked.
- Will perform other various duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be responsible, trustworthy and maintain integrity at all times.
- Dependable (being on time when scheduled, working scheduled hours).
- Flexible in scheduling (Would be willing to fill in for others on occasion if someone else needed to be absent).
- Professional in appearance and attitude in dealing with students, staff and the public.
- Must be able to correctly relay information to students, staff and public.
- Able to file accurately.
- Able to count.
This position will require a flexible work schedule. Some evening and weekend hours are required. Office hours are seven days a week and could start as early as 8:00 AM or end as late as 12:00 AM.
Posted July 21, 2014