Student Assistant - Campus Access
Will assist those who need to acquire a new College of Wooster ID, or need changes
their existing ID. Will help to package and give out residence hall keys to new and returning
students during fall move-in. Will assist with the issuing and collecting of all campus hard keys. Will also be required to help the coordinator on special tasks or assignments.
Description of Duties and Responsibilities (may include the following, but will not be
- Assisting with all campus hard key operations and record keeping.
- Help maintain the safety and security of the campus.
- Issue permanent ID cards to students, faculty, staff, and departments.
- Assist with ID replacements and fees due to student loss.
- Issue keys to new and returning students.
- Assist with lock change replacements and fees due to student key loss.
- Answer phone, maintain files and paperwork.
- Maintain current ID and key system.
- Ability to perform basic troubleshooting skills for cardholders with problems.
- Data entry and retrieval.
- Train new student employees in clerical duties and data entry functions.
- Assist the department at special campus events, summer activities, break closings and other
- projects as assigned.
- Assist the dispatcher or switchboard operator when asked.
- Will perform other various duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be responsible, trustworthy and maintain integrity at all times.
- Dependable (being on time when scheduled, working scheduled hours).
- Flexible in scheduling (Would be willing to fill in for others on occasion if someone else
- needed to be absent).
- Professional in appearance and attitude in dealing with students, staff and the public.
- Must be able to correctly relay information to students, staff and public.
- Able to file accurately.
- Able to count.
Looking for students to work shifts between 7 a.m. - 12 a.m. Sunday through Saturday.
Posted October 24, 2014