2014-2015 Student Organization Allocations
Dear Student Leaders,
Campus Council wants to notify you of your budget allocation for the 2014-2015 academic year. The budget allocations spreadsheet has all budget allocations along with the allocations for all other student organizations (your allocation is in the 'Amount Allotted' column). It also contains some data from the last two years and aggregate data for different groups of student organizations. In addition to this information you can access your group's budget proposal submissions.
Additionally, the details of the budget allocations based on this year's budget proposals is also provided. We are providing this information in an attempt to make the budget process more transparent.
If you wish to appeal your budget allocations, please contact the Chair of Campus Council Budget Committee, Matt Stouffer or myself. We will get back to you at the earliest letting you know of the appropriate process. Please note that the you can appeal your allocation at anytime starting now till the end of the next academic year.
Additionally, please be informed that you will not be able to use any funds in your organization's account in the next academic year unless you submit an inventory of all items currently owned by your organization to Rachel Messenger. Please use 'Student Organization Inventory' as the email subject line.
Aside, please be aware that all Campus Council meetings are open to the public. You are encouraged to attend meetings on Thursdays, 11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. in the Wilson Governance Room in the Scot Center. It could be an opportunity to more fully understand the governance bodies on this campus.
I wish you all luck on your finals and hope that you have an outstanding summer break.
Sayantan "Sunny" Mitra '16
Chair, Campus Council
Student Organization Meetings with SGA Budget Committee Members
The next step in the process is the opportunity for incoming group leaders to meet with the SGA Budget Committee representatives to answer any questions and highlight pieces of your proposal that you want to be sure they see.
These meetings will be 15 minutes long and held in the collaboration rooms in the CoRE in the library. Only incoming officers may attend this meeting. And, you may only bring a maximum of three officers to the meeting.
You will need to send a representative to sign up in the Campus Life Office in Lowry. The Campus Life Office is open Monday - Friday from 8:30 a.m.- 8 p.m.
Meeting Dates and Times
- Wednesday, February 26: 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
- Thursday, February 27: 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
- Friday, February 28: 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- Monday, March 3: 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 4: 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 5: 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
- Thursday, March 6: 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
2014-2015 Budget Proposal Timeline and Information
Campus Council approved some timeline requirements that will affect all Student Organizations each year.
Here is a portion of the policy verbiage as it was approved:
So, what does this mean for you and your organization right now?
- You need to plan to have elections in the next few weeks. This does not mean you have to transition your officers, you just need to select next year's leadership so they can be involved in the budget planning for next year.
- Once your Elections are completed, you will need to submit a new Cabinet Information Form (list of Officers for next year, which cannot include seniors) to Student Activities by: Friday, February 7 by 5 p.m.
- Mandatory Budget Meetings will be held February 10-14 in the CUBE at the CORE in the library. At least one 2014-2015 officer/representative for each group must attend at least one meeting to be eligible for Campus Council funding. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday: 6 - 7 p.m. Thursday: 7-8 p.m.
- Budget Proposals (.docx) for the 2014-2015 academic year will be DUE to Student Activities: Friday, February 21 by noon. Budget Guidelines (.pdf) should be consulted while completing the Budget Proposal.
You will need the 2013-2014 allocations information to complete the proposal properly.