- Showcase senior Independent Study projects that address CDI themes in a setting where faculty, staff and students from diverse perspectives can engage in dialogue within and across academic disciplines
- Provide students with useful feedback from multiple perspectives to enable them to determine how best to move forward with their projects
- Help students develop public speaking skills.
I-Seminars focus closely on projects that address the themes of the Center for Diversity and Inclusion:
- A climate of inclusion, collaboration, and respect
- Global Engagement, such as projects that study the interaction between diverse peoples and cultures, or problems posed by globalization
- International and domestic diversity, including race, class, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, abilities, etc
- Minority and historically undeserved communities.