The purpose of the Summer ARCH Program is to help you develop a thoughtful educational plan in conjunction with a faculty adviser. While you are on campus:
- You will meet with faculty, staff, and upperclass students who will help you understand the liberal arts mission, the academic policies and expectations, and how to take full advantage of the opportunities at Wooster.
- You will learn about the goals of a Wooster Education and how our liberal arts requirements, majors, minors, and off-campus study program help to facilitate the development of these goals.
- You will have the opportunity to meet with students engaged in summer research projects and learn about the various ways the College supports your development as a scholar and helps prepare you for Wooster's Senior Independent Study.
- You will take the foreign language placement exams to help determine which course will be most appropriate for you.
- You will work one-on-one with a faculty adviser to select and register for your Fall Semester courses.
Parents and Guardians
- You will meet the staff, faculty, and deans who support your student's intellectual growth and community engagement.
- You will learn about the specific goals of a Wooster Education and how the curriculum and academic program facilitate students' development.
- You will have the opportunity to learn about the range of resources that Wooster provides, including the APEX, Learning Center, Writing Center, Off-Campus Study, Interfaith Campus Ministries, Career Planning, Wellness Center, and Counseling Services.