The Archaeology Student Colloquium provides a venue for Archaeology majors and other students interested in Archaeology to engage the discipline in a more complete fashion than is possible only in the classroom by:
- Disseminating information about relevant field research opportunities and graduate schools
- Sponsoring campus events such as lectures by scholars from other institutions
- Organizing field trips to archaeological sites, museums, and other relevant events and institutions
- Holding regular meetings at which members and other interested parties can discuss current issues and debates in the discipline.
The Colloquium also fosters greater unity among the members (students and faculty) and coherence as a major than is often possible in interdisciplinary programs that lack a specific physical home in a particular department. The Colloquium encourages a more thorough understanding of the full range of activities involved in becoming a professional by means of attending regional and national meetings at which members can meet a cross-section of the archaeological community and present the results of their own research.
- Co-President: Sarah Van Oss
- Co-President: Eric Hubbard
- Vice President: Haley Austin
- Co-Treasurer:Dan Wilcox
- Co-Treasurer: Hannah Matulek
- Secretary: Jade Robison
- Advisor: Olivia Navarro-Farr
For more information
We meet on Tuesdays at 11:00am in the Archaeology Lab.