How to Avoid Unnecessary Billing
- Confront community members and guests about inappropriate behavior to decrease the occurrence of senseless vandalism.
- Speak up. When an act of vandalism is observed, the information should be brought immediately to the attention of SPS & Residence Life. In virtually all incidents of vandalism, there are individuals who have observed the actual incident or know others who did. Community members should not tolerate others who choose to allow the group to suffer for their actions.
- Residence Life should be consulted during the year to check the status of any damages.
- Residents should assist the RAs, RDs, and CDs in strategizing ways to address the damages.
- All pre-existing conditions and damages to the room should be documented in specific terms on the RCR during check-in.
- Nails should not be hammered into the walls. Staples shouldn't be stapled into the walls.
- All residues should be carefully removed from walls and doors prior to departure.
- All problems in your room or apartment should be reported at move in, so that a work order can be filed with the Service Center.
- Rooms, apartments, and public areas of houses should be left in the condition that they were found.