End of the Year Checkout
All students will need to properly check out of their rooms at the end of the Spring Semester. Failure to properly check out will result in a $25 Improper Checkout Fee.
How to Check Out
Students may check out of their rooms two different ways:
Schedule a check out time with your RA - Students wishing to check out of their room in person must schedule a time with their RA at least 24 hours in advance of their expected check out time. Your RA will meet with you at the scheduled time to assess the condition of the room and complete the Room Condition Report.
Complete the Express Check Out Form - Students who choose to complete the Express Check Out Form (.pdf) instead of having their RA check them out of their room in person will simply need to complete the form and turn it in to any of the following locations:
- Any Resident Assistant - in their respective Residence Hall
- the Office of Residence Life - to the Front Desk Worker
- Campus Access/Security and Protective Services - Culbertson/Slater House
**Students that choose the express check out method forfeit the right to be present during final room inspection.**
Important Things to Know about Check Out
All residence halls close on Thursday, May 7, 2015 at 6 p.m.
- Seniors staying for Commencement are permitted to stay in their room until Monday, May 11 at 8 p.m.
- Non-Seniors participating in Commencement activities or needing to stay past the May 8 deadline, as well as, any Seniors needing to stay past May 12 deadline will need to fill out the Late Stay Request Form.
- Students that have not vacated their room by the 6 p.m. deadline and have not been approved to stay will be charged a $25 Improper Checkout Fee.
- All Resident Assistants will have a hall closing meeting prior to May 2. Contact your RA if you are unaware of when this meeting will occur so you can be sure to attend.
- Any student who was issued a hard key for a campus room or house is required to turn their keys in to Campus Access in Culbertson/Slater House. Failure to do so will result in a $100 Lock Change Fee.
Students are expected to clean their room.
- All belongings must be removed from the room.
- Clean and dust windows, sills and blinds. Close and lock windows and blinds.
- Vacuum carpet throughout the room. Vacuums will be available in your residence hall for checkout.
- Dust and clean all furnishings including; desks, dressers, chairs etc.
- If you have rented a Micro-Fridge it must be fully defrosted and cleaned and left inside the room. Do not place any Micro-Fridges in the hallway.
- Clean all residue from posters and other hung items from the walls and doors.
- Remove all trash from your room and place it in a campus dumpster. No personal trash is to be discarded in the hallway trash containers. Trash left in your room or in the hallway may result in personal or community billing.
All furniture must be present in the room.
- Any missing and/or damaged furniture will be charged to your student account.
Beds need to be un-bunked or lofted.
- All beds need to be placed on the 5th rung from the bottom of the bed ends. Failure to leave your bed in this set-up may result in additional billing.
- Rubbermaid Student Center is the only location that does not need to lower lofted beds.
Any damage that has occurred in the room since the beginning of the school year may be billed as Damage Billing to your student account.
- No student should attempt to repair any damages in their room. All damages must be repaired by The College of Wooster service center staff.