Congratulations and Welcome to Wooster! We are very glad to have you.
Move In Day
New Student Move In Day will be on Sunday, August 21, 2016 from 2-4 p.m.
It has been a busy summer preparing for your arrival!!! We are very excited to have the class of 2020 join our community! We want your transition to campus to be as smooth as possible. Therefore, we have enlisted hundreds of volunteers (students, staff, and faculty) who will be here on Sunday (8/22) to help you get settled in! In order to make the process run efficiently, here is some information that we need you to know ahead of time. We will do everything we can to help the process run well if you can do the same. Thank you!!!
- First Year Students are able to start moving into their Residence Halls at 5pm on Sunday, August 23rd. First Years and their families will not be permitted to enter the Residence Halls before this time. On August 23rd, Beall and Wayne Avenues will be closed to local traffic in preparation of this event.
- Vehicles must enter campus heading north on Beall Ave—cross streets between Bloomington and Pine Street will be closed. All traffic will flow north to the appropriate residence hall (see traffic map (.pdf)) and will be directed by volunteers and Security Officers. Please follow their direction. Please plan your route ahead of time so that you enter campus heading north on Beall.
- Once you arrive at your residence hall, there will be a team of volunteers who will assist you in unloading your car and carrying your belongings to your room. The First Year Student should proceed to the residence hall floor to check in with their Resident Assistant. You will receive your ID, your RCR and other information on your floor from your RA. A volunteer will stay with your belongings at the unloading zones at all times.
- The driver of the vehicle should remain in the car throughout the process—NO PARKING is allowed in the unloading zones. Once the vehicle is unloaded it can be driven to the designated parking locations and a shuttle will be available to return the driver to the residence hall. You will not be able to park near the First Year Centers on August 23rd.
- You must clearly label all boxes, bags, and belongings with your name, your building and room number before arriving on campus.
- There will be shuttles available at the Service Center for those students who need to pick up packages the evening of August 22rd. If you would like to mail items to the Service Center please use the following address: Student Name c/o The College of Wooster, 580 E. Wayne Ave, Wooster, OH 44691.
- The Service Center Staff will be on campus August 22rdto address any concerns in rooms that they can. There will be RAs and other Residence Life staff available for assistance with lofting beds or additional concerns.
What Should I Bring to Campus?
To better help with you transition into college life we have put together a little checklist of items to bring (.pdf) with you, because lets face it...there's not enough room here for everything in your closet! We know you will have the urge to bring some other things that aren't on the "items to bring" list, so please avoid bringing the items listed below:
Items to Avoid
- Air conditioners
- Alcohol (if you are under 21)
- Appliances without automatic shut-off (included but not limited to: coffeemakers, clothing irons, hair curling irons)
- Cooking appliances (including but not limited to: immersion heaters, popcorn poppers, hot plates or burners, water heaters, toasters/toaster ovens, rice cookers)
- Candles and incense
- Ceiling fans
- Portable heaters
- Grills (gas or charcoal)
- Halogen lamps
- Hot plates
- Illegal drugs, fireworks, or firearms
- Pets (except for fish)
- Space heaters
- Ungrounded extension cords (must have 3 prongs)
- Water coolers