Thinking about studying off-campus?
Here are your next steps:
Attend an OCS 101 session.
These are informal sessions with the OCS Global Envoys to tell you about OCS rules and requirements.
They are held in APEX:
- Monday-Friday from 11am-12pm
- Walk-In Wednesdays from 1:30-4pm
After attending an OCS 101 session, meet with an OCS staff member.
Candace and Jamie are the two advisors for Off-Campus Study.
Who you meet with depends on the area of study you wish to focus on while studying off-campus:
Candace Chenoweth - Director of Off-Campus Study
- Students planning to focus on STEM courses while off-campus
- Peace Corps Prep Program
- Make an appointment with Candace
Jamie Adler - Assistant Director of Off-Campus Study
- Students planning to focus on arts, humanities, social sciences, or language study while off-campus
- Undecided majors who are unsure of what they want to study while off-campus
- Make an appointment with Jamie
Meet with your Academic Advisor.
Meet with your academic advisor to discuss your plans to go off-campus.
Complete the two-part application process
Step 1: Complete the Wooster OCS Application for approval to study off-campus by February 1 the year preceding your off-campus study program.
Step 2: Complete the application for your specific program by the deadline published on the program website.
- Students studying off-campus in the fall semester should start their program applications immediately after being approved by Wooster.
- Students studying off-campus in the spring semester may not be able to start their application right away, but should create a reminder to start it as soon as it opens.
Wooster only has one deadline per year to apply for off-campus study. Students wishing to study off-campus for fall or spring of the 2019-2020 school year need to submit an application to Wooster by February 1, 2019