The English Department strongly encourages its majors to pursue off-campus study for a semester or full year. Off-campus programs allow students to gain a better understanding of the world and of themselves. The experience prepares students to live in a global society, while introducing them to perspectives, values, and ways that are different from their own.
There are a wealth of off-campus study opportunities from which to choose, in the United States and abroad.
Recent English majors have studied in:
- Chicago, IL - Newberry Seminar: Research in the Humanities
- New York City - New York Arts Program
- Italy - Siena School for Liberal Arts
- Copenhagen, Denmark – The Danish Institute for Study Abroad
- London, UK – Queen Mary University London
- Oxford, UK - University of Oxford
- Wellington, New Zealand – Victoria University Wellington
- Nantes, France – IES Nantes
- Tokyo, Japan – IES Tokyo: Language and Culture
For more information on how to start the process, please visit the off-campus study website