The Department of Music offers students comprehensive training in performance, music theory, music education, music therapy, and music history and literature.
Music students enter regional and national competitions, and go on to prestigious graduate programs and/or successful careers in performance, education, scholarship, and industry.
If you are considering a career in music or want music to be a significant part of your life, the Music faculty will help you expand your understanding of musical style and structure, improve your musicianship, and set the groundwork for an evolving, mature, and lifelong interaction with music as a form of profound aesthetic expression.
Music scholarships are awarded to incoming first-year students on the basis of music performance skills demonstrated at the audition or compositional skills evidenced by written scores.
Featured Music Events
Wooster Chorus Spring Break Itinerary
- March 8, 7:30 pm: First Presbyterian Church, 621 College Avenue, Wooster, OH
- March 9, 7:00 pm: Christ Church Episcopal, 21 Aurora Street, Hudson, OH
- March 10, 7:00 pm: St. Maurice Catholic Parish, 2001 Ardmore Blvd., Pittsburgh, PA
- March 11, 7:00 pm: Bexley United Methodist Church, 2657 E. Broad Street, Bexley, OH
- March 12, 7:00 pm: Northminster Presbyterian Church, 703 Compton Road, Cincinnati, OH
- March 13, 2:00 pm: Second Presbyterian Church, 3511 Belmont Blvd., Nashville, TN
Scot Band Spring Break Tour Itinerary
- March 17, 7:00 pm: Lyndhurst Community Presbyterian Church, 5312 Mayfield Road, Cleveland, OH
- March 18, 7:30 pm: Third Presbyterian Church, 4 Meigs Street, Rochester, NY
- March 19, 7:00 pm: Maple Run Unified School District, Bellows Free Academy, 71 S. Main Street, St. Albans City, VT
- March 20, 7:00 pm: The Presbyterian Church in Morristown, 65 South Street, Morristown, NJ 07960