Honors and Awards
- In 2003, 2007 & 2009, our Physics Club's Outreach Program won the Marsh White Award from the Society of Physics Students of the American Institute of Physics. Also in 2007, our Outreach Program won a national Blake Lilly Prize and was awarded this prize again in 2009 and 2013, and yet again in 2014. In both 2008 and 2009, we were named an Outstanding SPS Chapter.
- In 1996, 1998, 2002, & 2006, four of our physics majors received Barry M. Goldwater Scholarships, the premier undergraduate awards of their type in the fields of mathematics, science and engineering.
- From the classes of 2001, 2003, 2007, & 2008, five other of our physics majors received National Science Foundation Graduate Fellowships.
- In 2001, 2003, 2004, & 2008 (four of eight consecutive years), a physics major was awarded Wooster's Notestein Prize for highest scholarship and was selected as commencement speaker for the graduating class.
- In 2003, 2007, and 2016, three of our seniors were finalists for the national Apker Award for outstanding undergraduate achievement in physics.
- In 2000, one of our faculty was the recipient of the American Physical Society's prize for Research in an Undergraduate Institution.
- In 1927, one of our graduates - Arthur Holly Compton - was awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics.