Collection Management Policies: Government Information Mission & Goals
1140 Beall Avenue
Wooster, OH 44691
To collect, organize, maintain, provide free access to and service for U.S. Government information resources in The College of Wooster Libraries, regardless of format or mode of provision, for a community which includes faculty, staff, and students of The College of Wooster and residents of Wooster and surrounding counties as prescribed by Title 44 of the U.S. Code, the Instructions, and the Guidelines of the Federal Depository Library Program.
- To develop a comprehensive current and historical Superintendent of Documents classified
- which contains and provides U.S. Government resources regardless of format;
- which supports the curriculum, faculty and student research, the Independent Study Program, and the interests of the administration, staff, and the community;
- which offers appropriate index and reference tools; and
- which comprises an auxiliary reference and study area in a separate but interdependent department of The College of Wooster Libraries.
- To create and maintain accurate piece-level records of government resource holdings
for inclusion in the libraries' online public catalog.
- To provide adequate work, consultation, and study spaces for research, study, and
- To provide adequate housing and equipment for the preservation and use of the collections,
including appropriate workstations and software for tangible electronic products,
data manipulation, online electronic resources, database searching, and microfiche
- To provide reference assistance, instruction, and service to those needing to find
and use government information in The College of Wooster Libraries.
- To identify, preserve, and protect rare and valuable documents in the collection.
- To participate in consortial activities which would enhance the government resources and services available to the community.
see also the Goverment Information Department's
Collection Development Policy
Electronic Government Information Service Guidelines