Locating U.S. Government Resources

Library Hours

Mon.-Thurs. 8am-2am

Fri. 8am-10pm

Sat. 10am-10pm

Sun. 10am-2pm

View Hours


Andrews Library

1140 Beall Avenue

Wooster, OH 44691

Phone: 330-263-2493

Fax: 330-263-2253


The College of Wooster has been a selective depository for U.S. government publications and resources since 1966. The library chooses materials from available federal information sources to support the curriculum, the I.S. program, faculty research, and community interests. These materials are organized in the library by the Superintendent of Documents (SuDocs) classification system. If you need assistance with this extensive collection, please ask a librarian for help.

Material Location
Document Ready Reference Gault 1 (behind Research Help Desk)
Document Reference Gault 1 (Reference Area)
Document Microfiche circulating collection Andrews Lower 2
Document Map collection
Document Reference Electronic collection
Andrews Lower 2
Documents circulating collection
Document Reference Serial Set
Andrews Lower 2
Document Reference Electronic (VHS and DVD) Andrews Lower 2

Reference Service

The Collection Management Librarian offers reference service Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM until 5:00 PM and by appointment.

The Research Help Desk also provides assistance with government resources during regularly scheduled reference service hours.


With the exception of Document Reference materials and other materials labeled for library use only, all government publications, regardless of format, may be checked out at the circulation desk with a valid College of Wooster ID or courtesy patron card.


Nearly all government publications are included in the library catalog, CONSORT. Indexing for these materials is located in the Document Reference area and the Library web site. If you need assistance in using these indexes, please contact a member of the Mark Gooch, Collection Management Librarian.