The STEM Zone is a place where any student taking introductory science and mathematics courses can visit to work in groups, work independently, and seek support from professors (who hold office hours there) and upper-level students (the STEM Zone Interns).
To stay up to date with Zone news and events, follow us on our Facebook page.
Location: Longbreak Commons
- Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday evenings: 8 – 10 PM
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday afternoons: 2 – 4 PM
Who is in the Zone?
- Students taking introductory STEM courses
- STEM Zone Interns (ZIs) - upper-level STEM students who receive significant training and mentoring, and are available to help introductory STEM students with their questions
- Professors holding office hours
- Pre-Health Advising: There is Pre-Health Advising on Thursday afternoons 2-4 with Robyn Laditka and/or Steph Strand.
- The STEM Zone Coordinator, Kara Melrose.
Visit our Zone Staffing Information page to learn more about the Zone office hours for your Zone Interns and Professors.
What are students saying about the Zone?
“[The most valuable aspect is] the opportunity to struggle through and solve problems with peers.”
“It is a space dedicated specifically for STEM, so it is a very focused environment to study in. It also develops a STEM community at Wooster.”